THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Wait, should I be scared?

What did you do today? I spent most of my Saturday in the company of Futurama Season 2, and a roll of duct tape. And all these strangers kept interrupting me! I didn't mind though, they all came with money and a car to haul away things like my dressers, cabinets, and shelves. Thanks Craigslist! I pulled what i could into the front "porch" area. I say "porch" because it's a term that also means "community laundry room/mailbox/carport" area.

Anyway, it's not that Im ashamed of people seeing my living space in such disarray, full of newly unearthed dust bunnies and a really fun cardboard box maze. It's my mostly groundless paranoia that the person on the other end of the computer is actually my secret stalker who is using the opportunity to "buy a couch" to get inside my house and kill me. I say mostly groundless because crap like that happens to people. Especially to those poor fools in the first five minutes of Law & Order.

Am i putting myself in danger by giving my address to someone who could be anyone? Maybe. Will that stop me from making over $200 in two days? Hasn't yet. All it's cost me so far is a bit of stress, and time out of my day to meet perfectly nice people who are probably as equally scared that I'm a serial killer luring innocents into my house with the promise of a cheap lamp. So far so good!

Jon spent his Saturday in Aptos surfing. Lucky bum.

0 comments: